Monday, December 14, 2009

I'd marry you again


Today as I was playing with Calvin I glanced up and Drew and I's wedding picture caught my eye. I smiled to myself and briefly thought about the last 2 1/2 years we've spent married. Tears silently rolled down my face and I hugged Calvin and told him how much I loved his Daddy. I wake up every morning to a hungry baby and a smiling hubby. He kisses me before he goes to work. I play with our love child:) and eagerly wait to hear his voice when he calls at lunch. And I always look forward to him coming home. We spend our nights just the three of us. We put our baby to bed and spend time talking and laughing about what the day has held. We fall asleep snuggled up together. When Drew says "I love you" right before he falls asleep I smile because I know it's true.

Life as married, new parents is not always easy. I have screamed at the top of my lungs for my deep sleeping husband to wake up at 2 am and help me with our 18 pd. baby boy. I have cried in his arms after a hard day at home. I have been overwhelmed and been so thankful when Drew walks in with take out. It's hard, but it's good. Our laughs way outweigh the tears. Our love way outweighs the hard times. Our life is better than it was 5 years ago at Zaxby's when Drew told me he wanted to date me. We're best friends. There is no one I would rather "do" life with. And we're making our family. We're not perfect, but each day life gets better. Life is about this...loving Jesus, my family, serving the local church, spreading the good news.

So, yeah. I'd marry you again. I would not change one thing about our life. If we live to be 81..we will have been married 60 years. And I pray to look at you the same way I do now. Full of love and living in the moment together. And hopefully, with lots of grandbabies and great-grandbabies running around us. Christ is good. So, is marriage.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I love this because I know it's true. Thanks for posting it. So happy to see what the Lord has done, how He's drawn you together, and how He's using you for His glory. Thanks for the picture of Him.